Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Traveling monk in Africa traveling in India

By the mercy of Guru and Gauranga, I will be traveling to India - the last time I went was in 2009. I will be leaving Johannesburg on the 29th of October 2012 and will return to Johannesburg on the 16th of December.

I am most fortunate, that I will be traveling with a very dear freind and a well wisher of Srila Prabhupada's ISKCON,  Abhishek Gupta, who also a photo jounalist and is from Bengal. I met Abhishek in 2011 in Dar es Salaam in Tanzania. At that time he was traveling around east Africa on a photo asingment.  I was staying with Prakash prabhu, who is the president of ISKCON Dar es Salaam. Every night from 7pm to 8pm, he has a Bhagavad gita class at his apartment, Abhishek would come to the classes and would listen very attentively and ask interesting questions. We came freinds and told me that if I should ever come to India, I should contact him.

Watch this space for more nectar as we travel and visit the holy dhams, associate with the devotees of the Lord and to hear of His pastimes.

No comments: